If you would like to participate in the poster session, you must submit a scientific research abstract relevant to conference topics and register for the conference.
Abstracts for poster sessions should be e-mailed as an attachment to Melinda Gray, the conference manager for this meeting, at email@example.com by March 6, 2006.
Limited financial support may be available for students, postdoctoral fellows, and new investigators presenting posters. To receive consideration, please indicate in the email accompanying the abstract submission the name of the person who will be presenting the poster, his/her status as a student, postdoctoral fellow, or new investigator, and email address. We may request additional information later.
Abstract Submission Requirements - Please follow these guidelines in the submission of your abstract. Prepare your abstract in Microsoft Word or WordPerfect. Use the presenter's last name as the document file name for your abstract.
- Abstract title should appear in Bold, all capital letters, in 14-point Times New Roman Font. Remaining text should appear in 12-point Times New Roman Font.
- Please list the authors and affiliations directly under the title, separated by one empty line, and followed on additional lines as necessary. Underline the name of the presenting author.
- Separate the authors/affiliations and beginning of the abstract narrative by one empty line.
- The abstract narrative itself should not exceed 300 words.
- The abstract narrative must be clear, concise, and copy edited in advance of submission. With the exception of possible formatting for uniformity in print, no changes will be made to your submitted material.
- Abstracts should be text only (no figures or images).
Click Sample Abstract (Microsoft Word Document - 22 kb) to download a document, which can be used for formatting purposes.
- Poster board display materials should be no larger than 4ft by 4ft in size. You will be sharing one side of a 4ft by 8ft board with another poster presenter.
- All text on the poster should be in font size no smaller than 16 pt. and must be visible from a distance of about 2-3 feet.
- Illustrations and photos should contain captions.
- At least one abstract author should be present to participate in the interactive poster session.